You may have heard of time capsules, preserving the present for the future, by burying items of importance or signifgance to be opened at a later time.
We want to know what you would save, preserve or memorialize in a time capsule. Books? Movies? Electronics? What specifics would you want someone 50 years from now to see?
In 1992 Nickelodeon, and a group of kids, assembled some popular items from that time and buried it to be opened in 2042.
Here’s a silly (and cheesy) video of the burial:
Here is a list of the stuff that they buried (You can tell how long ago this was by the things they included):
3. A NINTENDO GAME BOY
5. REEBOK PUMP SNEAKERS
6. A JAR OF GAK
7. ONE OF JOEY LAWRENCE’S “WHOA! 92” HATS.
8. NEWS REPORTS
10. AN ISSUE OF NICKELODEON MAGAZINE
11. A NICKTOONS T-SHIRT FEATURING REN & STIMPY
12. A PIECE OF THE BERLIN WALL
13. A BARBIE DOLL
15. A SKATEBOARD
16. A BASEBALL
18. A STICK OF BUBBLE GUM
19. PHOTOS OF THINGS TOO BIG (OR ALIVE) TO FIT INSIDE
20. A VIDEOTAPE
21. THE CAMERA RECORDING THE TAPE
So, what would you bury from today?