The NFL season kicks off this week. That means that everyone is getting into the football spirit.
ESPN recently released its list of the top 100 players in the NFL in 2017. It’s a very fun to read for football fans, and even features quite a few surprises. Here are the top 10 players on the list:
1. Tom Brady | New England Patriots
2. Aaron Rodgers | Green Bay Packers
3. Aaron Donald | Los Angeles Rams
4. Von Miller | Denver Broncos
5. Antonio Brown | Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Julio Jones | Atlanta Falcons
7. Khalil Mack | Oakland Raiders
8. Le’Veon Bell | Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Odell Beckham Jr. | New York Giants
10. J.J. Watt | Houston Texans
What do you think of the top 10? Is it missing anyone? Is it just me, or do you think it’s odd to have only two quarterbacks in the top 10?
Also, in case you’re wondering, here’s how they made the list: The parameters: Rate players based on how good they are — period. All NFL players were eligible. The process: Rate every player on a scale of 1-100. A score of 100 implies an all-time level of excellence; a 1 is for a player who doesn’t belong in the NFL. The panel: More than 70 voters. NFL analysts, reporters and statisticians — both from ESPN and outside ESPN — including former players and NFL front-office members.
Who would be in your NFL Top 10? Let me know in the comments section below. I’ll update the story with some of the best lists later in the week.