Want to earn the new Inventing Badge, or do you simply have a great idea? If you answered yes, then you’re luck.
Check out this video for all the details:
Here how it works:
- Inventors submit their ideas by Monday, May 7, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- For kids 7-21 years old.
- Edison Nation will select winning inventors and invest up to $1 million to develop the selected ideas and help bring them to market.
- Selected ideas will receive a $2,500 minimum advance on 20 years percentage of sales. Plus, Edison Nation will split the royalties 50-50 with inventors on the products they select.
- Selected inventors will be named the “inventor” on any issued patents and will have an opportunity to appear on the award-winning Everyday Edisons television series on PBS.
- It’s $25 to submit an idea (or $10 for current BSA members).
- Ideas should be “well-communicated” and include sketches, images, or other media to support them.
Selected inventors will receive royalties from the sale of their products for life, be named the “inventor” on any issued patents and have an opportunity to appear on the award-winning Everyday Edisons television series.