Our newest column, “Dream Team,” was a big hit last month, when we asked for your baseball dream team. Now we’re ready for the next installment:
Here’s how it works: If you could assemble a Superhero Dream Team of the very best superheroes, who would be on your team?
You can choose five superheroes from any comic books, universes, TV shows or movies. Be sure to tell us which version of the superhero you are choosing. For example, if you choose Batman, tell us which version you are choosing: The Dark Knight, Original 60′s TV Batman, a particular comic book Batman?
WE HAVE A WINNER.
Congratulations to Jakob. Here’s his team:
Superman, Batman, Silver Surfer, Dr.Strange and Phantom Stranger.
While there were so many outstanding teams submitted, Jakob’s team stood out for a few reasons.
1. Batman. Batman is mankind’s greatest detective, and a master of human deception. He would be an invaluable resource to his other teammates.
2. Superman. Superman is considered one of the top three most powerful characters in any universe. He’s almost unbeatable against any foe. He also works fantastically well with Batman, as dual members of the Justice League.
3. Phantom Stranger. This choice blew me away. He’s a lesser-known character that’s is among the most mysterious characters of all-time. The Phantom Stranger’s greatest power is his mysterious omniscience. He’s able to know nearly everything about any character and any situation he encounters in both the DC and Marvel Universes.
4. Silver Surfer. For these facts alone: He has to absorb and manipulate the universe’s ambient energy, can navigate through interstellar space and is capable of time travel.
5. Dr. Strange. He has been described as “the mightiest magician in the cosmos,” and can use magic to achieve any effect he desires.